Dead friend’s numbers win jackpot



Dead friend’s numbers win jackpot

Posted by Online on Nov 20th, 2012 // No Comment  

By EDD K. USMAN

Manila, Philippines – A Zamboanga City fish vendor, 46, did not take it seriously when his best friend before he died, asked him to continue betting on his (best friend) lottery numbers — 07-13-16-25-34-42. He seldom did.

But as luck would have it, in one of the rare times the fish vendor did, he won a share on Nov. 6 of the P16,16,050,862.80 jackpot of Lotto 6/42.

The bachelor has been on the lotto for three years. He bet P40 when he won.

He shared the prize, P8,025,431.50 with a co-winner in Ilocos Sur.

His friend passed away last year. The numbers he left with the fish vendor matched the winning combination of 07-42-25-13-16-34.

He told the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) when he claimed his winnings last Friday afternoon that his best friend requested him to continue betting on the numbers.

“My best friend requested me before he died to bet on his numbers. So, I promised to do it. But I did not take it seriously, I bet on them a few times,“ the lucky bettor told PCSO General Manager Jose Ferdinand M. Rojas II.

“I never thought I will hit the jackpot with the numbers,“ he related.

Read More
Enhanced by Zemanta