£2 short for Lotto so I lost £109m


£2 short for Lotto so I lost £109m

EXCLUSIVE
By IRINA NELSON
Published: Today at 00:27

A GUTTED factory worker missed a £109million lottery win because he was too skint to play his regular £2 line.

Carl Nordmann, 50, has played the same three lines on EuroMillions for two years.

But after a cutback in his shifts at IBM he could only afford to play two £2 lines — and his usual third line won.

The dad of three did not discover his numbers would have won £109,315,762 on Tuesday until he checked his tickets on Friday.

Carl, of Greenock, Renfrewshire, said: “I just could not believe my eyes when I saw those numbers on screen. My wife and I cried.”

Carl, originally from the US, dreamt of moving back to the States with wife Manuela if his numbers ever came up. He said: “We are struggling financially and this would have changed our lives.”

A spokeswoman for lotto organisers Camelot said: “This poor chap must be devastated.”

Three winners shared Saturday’s Lotto jackpot of £6.3million with the numbers 5, 14, 24, 26, 37, 44. Bonus ball 30.



http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4365535/2-short-for-Lotto-so-I-lost-109m.html