Winning the lottery just a dream? Not this time!


Winning the lottery just a dream? Not this time!

By Gary Young
Oct 17 2012

The dream has finally come true for a Midland man who scooped a £3.8 million Lotto jackpot with his wife.

David Allsobrook and his wife Debra won £3,788,635 in the draw on October 6.

The 48-year-old, who has been playing the lottery since it began, said he once had a vivid dream that his numbers had come up, only to be disappointed when he awoke.

The sales engineer said: "I woke up and thought I'd won the lottery and I was so disappointed that day when I found out I'd not won. I'm still waiting to think this is that same dream."

Describing how he felt after being told he had won, Mr Allsobrook said: "You just don't believe it.

"You think people are going to be shouting and screaming at you down the street. You just feel numb."

The identities of the couple, from Stretton, Burton upon Trent, were revealed at a press conference at the Branston Golf and Country Club in Branston yesterday.

Mr Allsobrook bought the winning ticket from his local Co-op in Stretton precinct. He said he had played the same numbers, a random selection apart from 42, every week since the lottery began in 1994.

Mr Allsobrook said: "I buy them every Saturday morning while Deb is at work.

"I sometimes don't get to watch the National Lottery show so I always ask the assistant to check the tickets from the previous week.

"We have the usual banter, I ask if have to go to work on the Monday.

Read More
Enhanced by Zemanta