Mystery Lotto winner a Geelong West pensioner


Mystery Lotto winner a Geelong West pensioner

    by: By staff reporters
    From: Herald Sun
    May 15, 2012 7:38AM

    Pensioner claims the $25 million Oz Lotto win
    "The first thing I thought of was how I could help my family"
    Estimated 7.5 million tockets were purchased

A VICTORIAN pensioner has claimed almost $25 million in last week's Oz Lotto draw.

The Herald Sun reports the winner, an occasional Oz Lotto player from Geelong West, couldn't believe his luck when all seven of his numbers were drawn on Tuesday, giving him a $24,952,195.76 share of the $70 million division one jackpot prize pool.

The man purchased his ticket on a whim from Murphy's Newsagency, Geelong West, while running errands.

"I was very moved when I discovered I was one of the winners," he said yesterday.

"The first thing I thought of was how I could help my family. I want to make sure they're looked after. I suppose I can live more comfortably now, too."

Three winners across three states shared last Tuesday night's $70 million jackpot, with the other two division one winning tickets purchased in Sydney and Adelaide.

 An estimated 7.5 million tickets were purchased to win last week's $70 million Oz Lotto jackpot.

That was the equivalent of half the Australian adult population.

The prize jackpotted after no one claimed the $50 million prize pool the previous week.



http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mystery-lotto-winner-a-geelong-west-pensioner/story-e6frg6of-1226355854889